Interior book design is where story text and artwork comes together on the page for a clear and entertaining reading experience.
This interior book design service includes:
• Laying out your book’s interior pages using your manuscript and illustrations (ie. combining text and art in the right places to make a page look engaging, beautiful and easy to read)
• Formatting your book for printing and fixed-format ebook*
• A flatplan of your book at the start of the project and help putting together a dummy, if required
• A choice of fonts and setting typographic style for your book
• Minor modifications to illustration where needed – for example, colour correcting artwork from RGB to CMYK or filling in the odd bit of missing bleed
• Art direction guidance to your illustrator in relation to page design (if illustration is still being completed)
• Three rounds of revision after a visual style is confirmed (see information on the design process here)
Once the interior book design is complete and approved, you’ll receive:
• A print-ready PDF of the interior pages according to the requirements of your printer or POD service (eg. KDP or IngramSpark)*
• An ebook file (EPUB) of your internal book pages
• A non-print PDF of your book spreads
• Flat graphic files (JPGs) of book spreads and pages in high and low resolution, and a 3D render of your open book
* Please note that this interior book design service includes design and formatting for one page trim size (see Optional Extras below if multiple trim sizes are required)
Interior book design
= from $600 USD
This is the approximate price for a picturebook up to 24 pages. The starting price per page is $25 USD ($37.50 AUD). Please fill in the enquiry form below to receive a quote for your book.
Optional extras (price on enquiry):
• Redesigning the book interiors for additional page trim sizes (pricing will depend on the new book dimensions)
• Licensing of extra stock graphics
• Full art direction of the book’s illustration (ie. working directly with your illustrator from the start to consult on all aspects of the artwork, not just regarding how it relates to the page design)
A 50% deposit is required upon signing of the contract (before design work actually begins)
Sound good? Let’s get started!
There are a few things that you’ll need to finalise before we can begin:
• The page trim size (in mm or inches)
• The number of pages in your book
• Which printer or POD service you’ll be using
• Your manuscript will need to be edited and ready to be published (this is not the stage for making changes to the text)
• Any other text that will be going into your book should also be edited and ready to publish: this includes your copyright (imprint) page text, plus any acknowledgements, bios and cross-promotional material
• If you have any specific design instructions or thoughts on where you would like illustration to be placed, please have these prepared in advance for us to discuss
• You should have access to the final high resolution files for your interior artwork (if complete)** and any other visual assets that you’d like to include in your book, such as logos or award graphics
**If your illustrator is still working on it, that’s OK too!
Ready to go? Click the button below to submit your enquiry.