Do you have an existing book cover in need of a makeover? Maybe you’ve taken your publishing journey to the next level and are looking for professional design advice on how to make your book as sellable as possible? I can help!
This cover reboot service includes:
• A redesign of your book’s front cover, back cover and spine
• Your new book cover in paperback and hardcover formats*
• A barcode generated from the ISBN number that you provide (if needed)
• Four rounds of revision after a visual concept is chosen (see information on the design process here)
Once the cover redesign is complete and approved, you’ll receive:
• Print-ready PDFs of your cover – one for paperback and one for hardcover – according to the requirements of your printer or POD service (eg. KDP or IngramSpark)*
• Ebook-ready cover file (JPG)
• Flat graphic files of your front cover, full cover and a 3D render of your book
* Please note that this cover design service includes design and formatting for one book size and one printer or POD service (see Optional Extras below if multiple sizes and formats are required)
I understand that some authors like to print their paperbacks with a different print service to their hardcovers so you can select one printer per each of these formats at no extra cost. The result will still be one print-ready PDF for paperback and another for hardcover.
Working with your artwork:
When redesigning an existing cover, there are a couple of routes that we can go down to ensure the cover artwork looks its best. I will review your book graphics and suggest one of these options, or a combination of both:
• Adapt the existing cover artwork. I can make minor modifications that benefit the whole cover design (with your artist’s permission)
• Use illustrations from your book’s interior pages. I can identify suitable illustration that already exists in your book and adapt that to use as the cover artwork
Book cover reboot = $400
• Dust jacket redesign (or new dust jacket design) = $100
• Formatting for additional book sizes = $50 per extra book size
• Formatting for additional printers (or POD services) = $50 per extra printer
• I can also license stock graphics for an extra fee (price on demand)
All prices shown in $USD. A 50% deposit is required upon signing of the contract (before design work actually begins)
Sound good? Let’s get started!
The button below will take you to a questionnaire regarding details of your book and how to send me images of the current cover to review. Once that is submitted I will be in touch about scheduling a consultation.
There are a few things that you’ll need to finalise before we can begin:
• The page trim size (in mm or inches)
• The number of pages in your book
• Your book’s ISBN number
• Which printer or POD service you’ll be using
• If using a POD service, your paper / print quality selection with them
• Any and all text that is going to appear on your cover (already edited and finalised)
• You should also have access to the high resolution files for your cover and interior book artwork, plus any other visual assets that you’d like to include on your cover, such as logos or award graphics
Ready to go? Click the button below to submit your enquiry.